Choosing the right product
The right boiler for your home
Deciding to invest in a new boiler is an important decision and it is important to choose the right product for your home that will provide you with all the heat and hot water you need, for many years.
Please note: all gas work must be carried out by a Registered Gas Installer (RGI). Find out how to choose an RGI here.
Your installer will discuss your heating and hot water requirements, and do a survey of your home, before helping you to choose the right model and output of boiler for you.
Things to discuss with your installer:
- How big is your property and how many bathrooms do you have? For small homes a combi boiler could be the perfect solutions; for larger homes with more than one bathroom, a system boiler with a hot water storage tank may be better for providing lots of hot water at the same time
- Are you on mains gas or off the gas grid? This will make a difference to the sort of boiler that is suitable for you
- Are you interested in having renewables, like solar thermal, installed, either now or in the future? Your installer can advise which renewable technologies may be suitable for your home. You can find out more about renewables here
- Heating controls? Updating your heating controls, adding a room thermostat and thermostatic radiator valves can make your heating system much more efficient and help you save money on your fuel bill
- System power flush, to clean out all the debris from the old system, before fitting the new boiler. It is important to get rid of all the old sludge and debris out of radiators and pipes before fitting the new boiler. It will work more efficiently and keep you warmer, for longer!